Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This crock pot sandwich is a nice change from the standard Hamburger BBQ. Serve at showers, parties and picnics or serve as dinner on busy nights; it's so easy!
- 1 lb deli turkey ham or 1 lb honey glazed ham, chipped
- 1 small onion, diced fine
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 -6 rolls or 4 -6 buns
- Place half of chipped ham in a greased crock pot.
- Combine all other ingredients (except buns) in a bowl and pour half of mixture over ham.
- Top with reserved ham and cover with reserved sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 hours.
- Serve in buns.
I had leftover spiral ham and needed to use it up. This worked great and the whole family loved it. A throw together recipe that worked well.
I loved this! Used it on leftover ham from freezer. I've never had BBQ Ham sandwiches before and loved these. I did use bottled sauce, but this method is a keeper! Served some of the sandwiches with some cheese and spicy mustard.
I used deli ham and just made on the stove top instead of the crock pot, doubled the sauce, and added a splash of worcestshire. Made the house smell great!