Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This is my favorite way to make pork roast. Adapted this recipe from Light & Tasty.
Make and share this Crock Pot Asian Pork Roast recipe from Food.com.
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (3 lb) boneless whole pork loin roast
- 3 bay leaves
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- hot cooked rice (optional)
- Place onions in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the garlic, salt and pepper. Cut roast in half; rub with garlic mixture. Put roast in the slow cooker and add bay leaves.
- In a small bowl, combine hot water and honey; stir in the soy sauce, vinegar, ginger and cloves. Pour over pork. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°F.
- Remove meat and onions from slow cooker; keep warm. Discard bay leaves. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth. Gradually stir into slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until thickened, stirring twice.
- Slice pork; top with onions, sauce and sesame seeds. Serve on a bed of rice if desired.
The flavor of this was great. The onions were almost too much for my family and the ginger gave it some zing. Everyone enjoyed it however. I did half the recipe and cooked it for about 3 hours on low. Turned out juicy and moist.
This was super easy to make and my whole house smelled *wonderful* as it cooked. My husband has always claimed to detest pork but he gobbled this up as did my picky toddler. This recipe is a keeper! I served it with quinoa and also steamed some broccoli that I sprinkled with sesame oil & Ponzu sauce and it was fantastic with the pork.
This is a very easy crock pot recipe and it turned out GREAT! Thanks so much!