Slow Cooker Asian Pork Roast
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 10mins
- 3 lbs tied boneless pork loin roast
- 1 (10 ounce) jar hoisin sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled & smashed
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
- 1 tablespoon rice wine (or rice wine vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 scallions, white & light green part only (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro (optional)
- Spray crock pot with cooking spray and add the pork roast.
- In a small bowl, combine the hoisin sauce, garlic, ginger, chili paste, rice wine, soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Mix in the cornstarch.
- Pour the sauce over the roast.
- Place lid on crock pot and cook on low 8 hours or high for 3 1/2 hours, or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
- When roast is cooked all the way through, remove from slow cooker to a platter, cover with foil and let stand 10 minutes.
- Pour the cooking liquid into a bowl and let stand 10 minutes, then skim any fat from the surface.
- Slice roast, sprinkle the scallions and cilantro on top.
- Serve the sauce on the side.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Very good! I happened to have all of the ingredients, right down to the fresh ginger! We all loved it, I served it with plain white rice and had some frozen leftover pot stickers from the store, also had chinese cucumber salad so it was a great chinese dinner. It will go into my Favorites cookbook, thanks so much for posting. Vi
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a wife, a mother and grandmother, I love to bake and I love to can (water-bath and pressure). My family and I live on 5 acres, we now have chickens and ducks and who knows what else we'll add in the future. My favorite meal to make and eat is soup.