Recipe by Gingernut
This is a sweet, rich dish that is delicious over rice. It is very popular in my online mother's group ... You can chop and change the veggies if you like.
- 1 orange, juice of
- 1⁄2 orange, zest of
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, de-ribbed and cut into strips
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 cup hoisin sauce (or a combination of hoisin and barbecue sauce) or 1 cup spicy barbecue sauce (or a combination of hoisin and barbecue sauce)
- 1 teaspoon fresh gingerroot, grated (or more if you're a ginger fan)
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup cashew nuts
- Place all ingredients, except green onions and cashews, in a crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours, or 4 hours on high.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter and top with green onions and cashews.