Recipe by Vseward (Chef~V)
Wanted to make something for dessert so I threw a few things together and came up with a simple Apple crisp. You'll need just four basic ingredients to make this comforting dessert. Started at 4:00 pm and had a warm dessert at 6:00 pm. Serve with whipped cream or al-a-mode.
Top Review by chosengirl817
I have made this twice so far, and the taste is beyond amazing, but mine never seems to thicken up like the picture. Should I cook this on high instead of low, and are you supposed to stir it??
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package cinnamon crumb cake mix, with cinnamon topping
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Place pie filling in large bowl. Break up apples with a pastry blender/cutter.
- Place half of cinnamon topping with apple filling and place in a 1-1/2 quart slow cooker.
- Combine dry cake mix, 3 Tablespoons of cinnamon topping and butter (mixture will be crumbly); sprinkle over filling.
- Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon topping and walnuts if desired. Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours. Serve in bowls.