1/5 Photos of Croatian Lamb/Beef Stew With Green Peas
1 hr 5 mins
This stew is much better if using lamb, but it is also nice with beef. The procedure is the same for both meats. Instead of potato you can use flour noodles, but they have to be small.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut meat into 2-3 cm large pieces.
- 2Finely mince onion and put it into a pot with lard. Sauté onion until becomes soft and transparent.
- 3Add meat and sauté until meat starts to release liquid.
- 4Now add paprika, thyme, salt and pepper and stir.
- 5Add wine and sauté until alcohol evaporates. Add some water and cook for about 30 minutes.
- 6In the meantime peel potato and cut it into small cubes (1-2 cm).
- 7Remove green peas from shuck. Add green peas and potato into stew and cook until all ingredients become soft and liquid is reduced a bit. Seve hot.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Croatian Lamb/Beef Stew With Green Peas
Serving Size: 1 (675 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 731.0
- Calories from Fat 376
- Total Fat 41.8 g
- Saturated Fat 17.9 g
- Cholesterol 129.0 mg
- Sodium 701.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.7 g
- Sugars 11.8 g
- Protein 39.1 g