Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Super easy and quick way to prepare calamari. This is from Nigella Express.
Make and share this Crispy Squid With Garlic Mayonnaise recipe from Food.com.
- Heat the oil in a smallish saucepan and while it's left to heat up cut the thawed squid into 1/2-inch rings.
- Put the cornstarch, semolina and seasoning into a plastic freezer bag. Add the squid rings and tentacles and then toss to coat.
- When the oil is hot enough, which is when it sizzles up fiercely when you drop in a small cube of bread, fry the squid in batches to get the most golden crunchiness.
- A couple of minutes per batch is all you should need.
- Mince the garlic into the mayonnaise to serve alongside the fried squid.