1/1 Photo of Crispy Shrimp and Potatoes With Barbecue Ranch #RSC
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. This is a riff on one of my favorite appetizers - fried shrimp and potatoes tossed in a barbecue ranch dressing make for great party snacks! I added long hot peppers for extra heat, but you can leave those out to your liking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce (any variety)
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 lb medium shrimp, raw, shelled and de-veined
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (from one lemon)
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 red potatoes, cut into disks
- 2 long hot peppers, thinly sliced into rounds
- 2 tablespoons chives, minced
- 1In a small bowl combine Hidden Valley Ranch dressing, mayonnaise, and barbecue sauce. Stir to combine and set aside.
- 2In a medium saucepan, heat canola oil over medium high heat.
- 3In another bowl combine panko breadcrumbs, lemon zest, 1/2 tsp salt and pepper. Toss shrimp in breadcrumb mixture until thoroughly coated.
- 4Test cooking oil by dropping a few breadcrumbs in the oil - they should sizzle without browning immediately.
- 5Place potato slices in oil and cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Remove with slotted spoon to a paper towel-lined plate.
- 6Working in 2 or 3 batches, cook shrimp and long hot pepper slices together until shrimp turn pink and coating is golden brown, about 2 minutes each batch. Remove with slotted spoon to same paper towel-lined plate as potatoes and allow to drain. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 tsp of salt.
- 7Place shrimp, potatoes, and peppers in a bowl and toss with barbecue ranch sauce until thoroughly coated. Transfer to a plate and garnish with minced chives. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Shrimp and Potatoes With Barbecue Ranch #RSC
Serving Size: 1 (461 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 927.3
- Calories from Fat 597
- Total Fat 66.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 149.1 mg
- Sodium 1716.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 23.8 g