1/2 Photos of Crispy Potato Pancakes
From Woman's World Magazine 12/7/04. These potato pancakes are scrumptious with a dollop of creamy horseradish topping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish, from a jars, squeezed dry
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 3 lbs baking potatoes, peeled, grated, squeezed dry
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1Combine sour cream, horseradish, capers and parsley; refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 2In large bowl combine next 7 ingredients. Form 1/4-cupfuls of potato mixture into 18 balls, squeezing out excess moisture. Flatten into 3-1/2-inch-wide patties.
- 3In skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add patties, in batches, patting each dry before frying. Cook, turning once, until golden, 2-3 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels.
- 4If made ahead, just reheat in oven at 325 degrees for 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Potato Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (337 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 615.4
- Calories from Fat 336
- Total Fat 37.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 84.2 mg
- Sodium 672.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 12.0 g