From Woman's World Magazine 12/7/04. These potato pancakes are scrumptious with a dollop of creamy horseradish topping.
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish, from a jars, squeezed dry
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 3 lbs baking potatoes, peeled, grated, squeezed dry
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup canola oil
- Combine sour cream, horseradish, capers and parsley; refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In large bowl combine next 7 ingredients. Form 1/4-cupfuls of potato mixture into 18 balls, squeezing out excess moisture. Flatten into 3-1/2-inch-wide patties.
- In skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add patties, in batches, patting each dry before frying. Cook, turning once, until golden, 2-3 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels.
- If made ahead, just reheat in oven at 325 degrees for 10 minutes.