Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Woman's World Magazine 12/7/04. These potato pancakes are scrumptious with a dollop of creamy horseradish topping.
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish, from a jars, squeezed dry
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 3 lbs baking potatoes, peeled, grated, squeezed dry
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup canola oil
- Combine sour cream, horseradish, capers and parsley; refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In large bowl combine next 7 ingredients. Form 1/4-cupfuls of potato mixture into 18 balls, squeezing out excess moisture. Flatten into 3-1/2-inch-wide patties.
- In skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add patties, in batches, patting each dry before frying. Cook, turning once, until golden, 2-3 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels.
- If made ahead, just reheat in oven at 325 degrees for 10 minutes.
These were the hit of the dinner. Everyone raved about them. Will definently make again. Made for Fall PAC 2011
My family ate these in no time. I skipped the topping but otherwise made as directed. I decided to skip the oil and just used Pam. Thanks for the recipe.
Interesting flavor with the Parmesan cheese. Nevertheless tasty. I will omit the capers from the sauce next time. Made for Everyday Holiday Tag. :)