These pizzas will beat any order out! Experiment with other toppings but try keeping the peppers and cheese as the basis. When oiling the baking sheet, you may want to drizzle a little olive oil on the pita breads themselves before adding the toppings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 medium red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto sauce
- 4 pita breads, about 6 inches
- 1 1/2 ounces sun-dried tomatoes, cut into strips
- 7 ounces chorizo sausage, sliced
- 7 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 ounces pitted kalamata olives
- 8 thin slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces shaved parmesan cheese
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Quarter peppers; remove seeds and membreanes.
- 3Broil peppers under hot broiler skin side up until skin blisters and blackens.
- 4Transfer to plastic bag until cool enough to handle, then peel away the skin.
- 5Blend or process peppers until finely chopped; stir in tomato paste and oregano.
- 6Spread pesto on each pita, leaving a 1/2" border around edge.
- 7Top pesto with pepper mixture and sprinkle with tomato strips.
- 8Place ring of chorizo slices around each pizza and top with mushrooms and olives.
- 9Carefully lay cheeses on top.
- 10Arrange pizzas on lightly greased baking sheet and bake until cheese is lightly browned, 15-20 minutes.
- 11Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Pita Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (296 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 538.1
- Calories from Fat 235
- Total Fat 26.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 56.1 mg
- Sodium 1567.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 27.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: