Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These pizzas will beat any order out! Experiment with other toppings but try keeping the peppers and cheese as the basis. When oiling the baking sheet, you may want to drizzle a little olive oil on the pita breads themselves before adding the toppings.
- 3 medium red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto sauce
- 4 pita breads, about 6 inches
- 1 1⁄2 ounces sun-dried tomatoes, cut into strips
- 7 ounces chorizo sausage, sliced
- 7 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 ounces pitted kalamata olives
- 8 thin slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces shaved parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Quarter peppers; remove seeds and membreanes.
- Broil peppers under hot broiler skin side up until skin blisters and blackens.
- Transfer to plastic bag until cool enough to handle, then peel away the skin.
- Blend or process peppers until finely chopped; stir in tomato paste and oregano.
- Spread pesto on each pita, leaving a 1/2" border around edge.
- Top pesto with pepper mixture and sprinkle with tomato strips.
- Place ring of chorizo slices around each pizza and top with mushrooms and olives.
- Carefully lay cheeses on top.
- Arrange pizzas on lightly greased baking sheet and bake until cheese is lightly browned, 15-20 minutes.
- Serve immediately.