Recipe by Marie
If you have never tried Panko crumbs as a breading, you are in for a real treat. It produces a light, crispy crust and is so yummy! I found Panko in the Asian food aisle of my supermarket.
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 clove garlic, minced fine
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 8 thin cut pork chops
- 1 cup vegetable oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together eggs, milk and garlic and let set for flavors to mix.
- Place panko crumbs in a shallow dish.
- Salt and pepper pork chops to taste and dip in the egg mixture.
- Coat with Panko crumbs, then dip in egg again and coat with another layer of crumbs.
- Place chops on a plate and let them set for at least 10 minutes to set the coating.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat.
- Fry chops for about 3 to 4 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Do not overcook; these will cook very quickly.