Crunchy Baked Pork Chops
photo by charriy2k
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In shallow dish, mix breadcrumbs, garlic, parsley, tarragon, salt and pepper.
- In another dish, beat egg with mustard.
- Place flour in third dish.
- Dredge each pork chop in flour, dip in egg mixture and then breadcrumb mixture, covering completely and patting so crumbs adhere.
- Place chops on baking sheet.
- Place in oven and bake until chops are cooked through (170 degrees), about 30 minutes, depending on thickness of chops, turning once.
- Serve with mushroom or country gravy, mashed potatoes and either apple sauce or baked apples.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Very tasty! I modified it a bit. I pounded the meat to 1/8". Since I didn't have fresh herbs, I used dried. After coating the meat, I dizzled butter on top. I baked on a broiling pan at 400 for 20 minutes. The panko was crispy so I think increasing the temperature and using a broiling pan may help. I've been looking for an easy recipe for pork and finally found it. Thanks, Greg!
The taste of this recipe is delicious and the only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is that the chops never got "crunchy". My baking sheets are almost new and non stick. The taste is delicious and I've made them for the 2nd time tonight to make sure I didn't do anything wrong the first time. I got the same result. (I even used some non stick spray on the pan tonight) The coating sticks to the bottom of the pan, not all, but a good amount. If the review was based solely on taste, I'd give it 5 plus stars! I really love the taste of these chops and I'm going to try upping the tempature of the oven next time to see if that helps. Thanks for a delicious recipe Greg!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm a recently retired San Diego trial attorney and wanna-be professional chef-restauranteur. Why am I so passionate about cooking? I don't know. What I do know is that those who don't cook are missing out on one of life's truly enjoyable experiences! I have a collection of whimsical signs posted above my workbench at home, one of which states: Love people. Cook them tasty food. How true.</p> 8727975"