dolores in paradise's Note:
For all you people who love onion rings..I just have to share this recipe. These are like no others ,I have ever had. They are addictive. Every time we go to Santa Rosa, Ca. there is this little place that serves the best hamburgers and these onion rings.I found this recipe and yep this is it.Dh says mine are even better.The secret is you must slice the onion rings very thin I used my meat slicer.I think a processor may also work. I found this on the web by Jo Mason, thanks Jo.
My Private Note
Large p ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine flour, cornmeal, and beer.
- 2Cover bowl and let sit at room temperature for about 3 hours (longer is ok).
- 3Cut onions into 1/4 inch slices. Speparate into rings.
- 4Heat shortening in deep fryer or large heavy skillet.
- 5(I use my wok).
- 6Using fork dip onion rings into batter. Place in hot fat (375).
- 7Fry until golden, turning if needed.
- 8Drain on absorbent paper.
- 9Salt to taste and serve immediately.
- 10Tip.They will stick together, but this is what makes them so yummy.
- 11just keep turning over til brown.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Onion Rings
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 508.6
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 20.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 99.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 12.1 g