Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
These are my husband's favorite oatmeal chocolate chips cookies! I've been on a mission to find "the one" since nothing will suffice until he thinks they are perfect. These are the kind that are really thin, almost transparent, and crispy on the edges but still soft in the middle. When you take them out of the oven they will still look puffy, don't worry, they'll fall down to get those crispy edges.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together butter, sugar, and brown sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix to combine.
- Mix in flour, salt, and soda.
- Gently stir in oats and chocolate chips.
- Form into balls. (Approx. 2 tablespoons each).
- Bake for 11 to 12 minutes.
- Remove to cooling racks to cool.