Recipe by Shirl (J) 831
Oh my gosh !!! This recipe is outstanding. It comes from ShellMarr on the helpforIBS boards. I made it last night and it is a keeper.
Top Review by bad kitty 1116
This recipe is awesome. The other reviews were so right-crispy outside, so moist inside. I changed the servings to six , but I used 3 eggs instead of the 6 egg whites and 2 tablespoons balsamic. I added 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan to the bread crumb mixture and added the pepper right into the crumbs and omitted the regular salt. I took another reviewers suggestion and cooked the chicken on a Pam -sprayed rack that I placed on a foil-lined cookie sheet. The chicken was crisp and yummy and smelled so incredible while baking. My husband took one bite and said"this is good chicken!" Thanks , I know I will make this many more times. I served it with chicken flavor Rice-a Roni and a blend of carrots, broccoli, cauliflower and zucchini. UPDATE-these are still my favorite!
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs (I used Italian)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 egg whites (I used the egg beater style ones)
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Put bread crumbs, parsley,garlic powder,and salt in medium bowl and mix.
- Whisk together vinegar and egg whites in smaller bowl.
- Dip chicken in vinegar mixture then dry mixture.
- Place on sprayed cookie sheet.
- Spray the top of the chicken breasts with cooking spray (I used butter flavored)
- Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
- Bake 400 for 30-40 minutes, till fork tender and juices run clear.