Creamy Baked Chicken Breasts
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is my adopted recipe and I haven't tried it yet.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 1 can cream of chicken soup, 10 oz
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup herb seasoned stuffing mix
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- garlic powder (optional)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese (optional)
- Arrange split, skinned and boned chicken breasts in a lightly greased 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Top with cheese slices.
- Combine soup and wine; stir well.
- Spoon sauce evenly over chicken and sprinkle with crushed stuffing mix.
- Drizzle butter over stuffing.
- If desired, sprinkle with garlic powder and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 45 to 55 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was wonderful!!! And very adaptable if you don't have all the exact ingrediants! I used cream of mushroom and 1/4 water to thin it out (verses wine..didn't have any) also I used motzarella (no swiss) cheese. My husband, kids and daycare kids loved it! thanks! Defiantly mixes up the possibilities of chicken breast!Reply
Yum! Creamy chicken is my all-time favorite chicken recipe! (We're actually making it tonight too, hurray!) The only difference with my recipe is that I use 1-2 cups of crushed, seasoned Pepperidge Farm croutons or bread crumbs instead of the stuffing mix (and I prefer it without the optional ingredients) and only drizzle two Tbsp of melted butter over the top before baking. It's something about the texture of this dish with the moist chicken and creamy soup combined with the soft here/crunchy there crushed croutons/bread crumbs that really makes it extra special and delicious to me! I'm surprised that some of the other reviewers didn't find it flavorful enough, as I've always enjoyed the flavor immensely. As far as my family goes, WE LOVE IT!! Thanks for posting!1Reply
see 7 more