1 hr 20 mins
A great tasting, vegetarian alternative to chicken fingers, these tofu versions are a real (healthful) treat. These make a nice snack, appetizer, or main course if served along a nice salad -- also great in packed lunches! Serve with your favourite dipping sauce such as teriyaki, ranch, BBQ, etc. I've served to both kids and adults with positive results so I figured I'd share the recipe. :) ***note*** Prep time listed is marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wisk together tamari (or soy sauce), teriyaki, and mirin (or vinegar/sugar) Set aside.
- 2Cut tofu into 1/2 inch slices and then each slice into half lengthwise to get "fingers." If making "nuggets", cut tofu into 1 inch cubes. Place cubes or fingers into tamari marinade and place in fridge for at least an hour. (the longer you leave it, the more intense the flavour -- sometimes I make this ahead the night before and let it sit in the fridge overnight)
- 3After marinating, preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 4Remove tofu from marinade and shake off excess marinade. Place Shake 'n Bake mix in shallow dish or plate and coat each piece of tofu with the crumbs making sure to coat all sides. (press the tofu down into the mix to make sure it sticks well)
- 5Place breaded tofu on a cookie sheet that has been sprayed lightly with non-stick cooking spray and bake in oven for 10 minutes, flip tofu, then bake another 10 or until golden and crispy.
- 6Serve with BBQ sauce, ranch, marinara, teriyaki or any other sauce you desire! :).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Baked Tofu Fingers/Nuggets (Low Fat)
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 245.7
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4635.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 26.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: