Prep 2 mins
Cook 15 mins
A delightful, 15 minute pasta dish. Crisp bacon with a subtle garlic & harb sauce. I made this for the first time last night, and it was a big success! I got this recipe from saturday cooks, a british culinary show.
- 5 ounces bacon
- 4 ounces cream cheese with garlic and herbs (i use boursin)
- 5 fluid ounces low-fat whipping cream
- 4 ounces canned sweet peas
- 12 ounces uncooked pasta, such as penne
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook the pasta in salted boling water according to packet instructions.
- Grill the bacon until crisp, then chop into little pieces.
- In a small pan on a low heat, mix together garlic cream cheese and cream, stirring until smooth, add garlic salt and black pepper. Adding more or less for personal taste.
- Add bacon and peas to sauce mix, and keep stirring on a low heat till peas are warm. Set aside to thicken for 2 minutes.
- Drain pasta.
- Mix pasta and the sauce together, and serve.
My family loves this! I double the recipe because we have 6 in our family. I've made this many times, and I usually just use regular cream cheese because that's what I have at home, but I have made it with the herb and it tastes wonderful too.
This was really yummy! We like to have pasta, but are tired of the same ol' same ol'. I did switch the whipping cream for evap. milk (what I had on hand), but it still turned out delicious! Everyone in the family ate it up.