Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lime zest, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 (6 ounce) red snapper fillets, skin on
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup bacon, coarsely chopped
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 dried chipotle pepper (keep whole)
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 5 1⁄2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- In a small bowl, toss together cilantro, garlic and lime zest. Heat cast iron skillet over medium high heat, add 2 tablespoons canola oil and arrange fillets skin side down, in 1 layer in skillet. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place skillet in oven for 7 minutes until fillets are just cooked through. Transfer fish, skin side up, onto the polenta then sprinkle with cilantro mixture.
- To make polenta: In a heavy skillet over medium heat cook bacon until golden brown, add peppers, corn and chipotle to skillet saute for 5 minutes. Add 5 1/2 cups water; increase heat to medium-high and bring to boil. Gradually whisk in polenta. Reduce heat to low; cook until polenta begins to thicken (should be the consistancy of oatmeal), stirring frequently, about 20 minutes. Stir in cream, cheese and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.