My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime zest, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 (6 ounce) red snapper fillets, skin on
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- 2In a small bowl, toss together cilantro, garlic and lime zest. Heat cast iron skillet over medium high heat, add 2 tablespoons canola oil and arrange fillets skin side down, in 1 layer in skillet. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3Place skillet in oven for 7 minutes until fillets are just cooked through. Transfer fish, skin side up, onto the polenta then sprinkle with cilantro mixture.
- 4To make polenta: In a heavy skillet over medium heat cook bacon until golden brown, add peppers, corn and chipotle to skillet saute for 5 minutes. Add 5 1/2 cups water; increase heat to medium-high and bring to boil. Gradually whisk in polenta. Reduce heat to low; cook until polenta begins to thicken (should be the consistancy of oatmeal), stirring frequently, about 20 minutes. Stir in cream, cheese and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crisp Skin Snapper With Polenta
Serving Size: 1 (388 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 764.0
- Calories from Fat 382
- Total Fat 42.4 g
- Saturated Fat 15.8 g
- Cholesterol 156.0 mg
- Sodium 1200.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 58.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low sodium vegetable broth