Recipe by Isabeau
From Canadian Living, September 2011. This cool, refreshing salad makes a great side dish for grilled fish or chicken on a sultry summer night.
Top Review by Susie D
We liked the flavors in this salad. The veggies were crisp & the sesame flavored dressing was a nice touch. Next time I plan to add a sprinkle of crushed red pepper flakes to add a tiny spark of heat. Thank you for sharing your recipe!
- 1 English cucumber
- 1 carrot
- 1 cup radish, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup white onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Halve cucumber lengthwise; seed and thinly slice crosswise. Place in bowl.
- Peel and halve carrot; thinly slice crosswise and add to cucumber. Add radish and onion. (We used fresh mushrooms instead of onion).
- Whisk together oil, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil and hot pepper sauce; add to cucumber mixture and toss to coat. (We left out the sugar and used tahini as a substitute for the sesame oil).