- Ready In:
- 3hrs 15mins
- 2 hot house cucumbers, peeled, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Stir together the cucumber, yogurt, lemon juice, mint, sugar, and salt in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours, preferably overnight.
- To make your own Greek yogurt, place 2 1/2 cups of plain, nonfat yogurt in a strainer lined with several layers of cheesecloth. Place over a bowl, cover, and refrigerate overnight. Discard the liquid collected in the bowl, and proceed with the recipe!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I chose this Raita recipe or the fresh mint aspect and devoured it atop red indian chickpea curry last night. Raita merging with the spiciness of curry and chili entres makes me want to eat more today. I added minced scallion and substituted lemon grass to avoid runny yogurt from lemon juice. Excellent recipe for mint lovers.