Recipe by Messy44
Apple crisp is easy and wonderful in the fall! Simple recipe - serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream sprinkled with a little bit of cinnamon. *** Made a few changes based on review from Lauralie41!! Thanks!
Top Review by lauralie41
This was a very easy apple crisp to make but we thought there was to much oatmeal mixture and not enough apple slices. The crisp is also a little sweeter than we would have liked but it did have a nice flavor. Next time I would slice a few more apples and cut down or omit the sugar. Thank you Messy44, made and reviewed for PAC 2007.
- 6 -8 medium apples, peeled and sliced
- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease 8x8 baking pan or spray with cooking spray.
- Mix oats, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon together. Cut in butter with a pastry cutter until the mixture is crumbly and the butter is well incorporated (it should be of uniform consistency with no loose flour). Save 3/4 cup of this mixture for topping.
- Line greased pan with remaining oat mixture. Press down firmly.
- Arrange apples on top of oat mixutre.
- Sprinkle remaining 3/4 cup oat mixture of top. Press down slightly.
- Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes. Can be served warm, but let it cool awhile before serving. Also very good served chilled.