Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is my variation of the Cream Cheese Croissant. I always bring this to family brunches.
- 2 (8 ounce) packagespillsburry refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup strawberry preserves
- 1⁄4 cup butter, plus
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 6 strawberries, halved (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using the Tablespoon of Butter, Butter the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan.
- Cover the bottom of the pan with one package of the crescent rolls (push together sections so that it makes one whole piece).
- Mix together Cream Cheese, Vanilla and Sugar.
- Spread the Cream Cheese mixture over the Crescent layer.
- Spread the Strawberry Preserves over the Cream Cheese layer.
- Cover the Strawberry Preserves with the 2nd package of rolled out dinner rolls (Keeping the rolls in one large piece).
- Melt the butter and pour over the top of the dinner rolls.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Let the pan cool.
- Sprinkle the top with the confectioners sugar.
- Cut the croissant into 12 pieces and place a half of strawberry on the top (optional).
This was so easy and wonderful. My husband's comment summed it up: "This may be the best breakfast you've ever made." Thank you so much for sharing this one. I'll definitely be making it again.
I served this as a part of Christmas brunch last year, and it was very popular. Like the previous reviewer, I too used nonstick spray on the pan. I also used reduced fat cream cheese and the reduced-fat version of the crescent rolls (which I do routinely and notice no difference at all). Since my confectioners sugar was in short supply, I ended up using a bit of both that and granulated on the top, which worked fine. Assembled the dish in advance and baked with the other menu items. Very tasty, and a nice counterpoint to the more typical "brunch" fare; a great addition to the menu. Thanks!
This recipe is the greatest! I started off with this recipe but modified it slightly. I used nonstick spray instead of butter for the pan. I only used 1 tub (8-oz) of strawberry cream cheese, softened (regular or light-both work wonderfully),1 cup of squeezable strawberry preserves (Welch's, I think),1/4 cup sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla.I also sprinkled the top layer of rolls with regular granulated sugar (after the melted butter) before cooking. The sugar crystalized beautifully when done. My husband asked me to make one for a Church function, and then he didn't get any. It was gone in no time! I had to come home and make another one just for him. Thank you so much for an outstanding recipe. I've already made this three or four times and will definitely be making this again.