Recipe by labarakat
delicious way to end the night or even to begin your day! My best friend and i make this all the time..Something we like to call irresistable-weakness...try it!
For the crepes
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 medium egg
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon apple brandy (optional) or 1 tablespoon rum (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter (for frying)
For the caramel apples
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons room-temperature butter
- 3 tablespoons cream
- 1⁄8 cup apple brandy or 1⁄8 cup rum
- 2 apples, peeled, cored, and sliced, about 1 1/2 cups
- 1⁄2 pint ice cream, for serving
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- mint sprig (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the crepes, put the flour into a large bowl, make a hollow in the center and add the egg, milk, and apple brandy or rum. Whisk with an electric beater until bubbly and set aside until ready to cook the crepes.
- To make the caramel apples, put the sugar into a medium saucepan over high heat and boil rapidly without stirring until the mixture turns golden, about 6 to 7 minutes. Have a pastry brush standing in a cup of cold water by the stove, and brush the sugar syrup from the sides of the pan from time to time to help prevent crystallization.
- When the mixture is golden, remove briefly from the heat and add the butter, cream, and apple brandy or rum. Return to the heat and stir, then add the apple slices and cook over moderate heat for about 3 minutes or until they are slightly softened. Keep warm while you cook the crepes.
- To cook the crepes, choose a small nonstick lightly greased frying pan. Cut the tablespoon of butter into small cubes and add one to the pan over high heat. Pour in a part of the crepe mixture, letting it form a circle about 5 to 6 inches in diameter. Cook on one side until the surface looks dry, then flip and cook the other side. Make 6 crepes in this way and keep them warm.
- To serve, overlap 3 crepes each on two plates. Add 2 oval scoops of ice cream and top with the warm caramel-apple mixture. Sift confectioners' sugar on top and decorate with mint sprigs if you are using them.