Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
DD Maxine's favorite crepe recipe
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Mix all ingredients except butter (flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, milk, vanilla, and eggs) and beat until smooth.
- Heat an 8-10" non-stick skillet to medium heat (allow to preheat completely).
- Melt a bit of butter in the skillet (not all of it - you'll need to re-butter from time-to-time).
- Pour in a small amount of batter and then swirl to coat bottom of skillet. Cook until just colored on bottom then flip and cook for a few seconds. Either remove or fill as desired (with chocolate, nutella, fruit preserves or whatever you like).
- Maxine likes them with maple syrup (real maple syrup that is).