From Family Circle, "A melting pot of traditions go into Creole dishes French, Spanish, African and Native American originating in the Louisiana Bayou." Adapted slightly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb frozen large shrimp, thawed, shelled, deveined
- 4 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 1 large green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 4 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup diced tomato
- cooked white rice
- 1Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and season with 1 teaspoon of the Creole seasoning. Saute for 2 minutes per side. Remove to a plate.
- 2Add remaining tablespoon oil. Saute the carrots for about 5 minutes, until just softening. Add the peppers, onion, celery and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Scrape up any browned bits in bottom of skillet.
- 3Add tomatoes and remaining Creole seasoning. Break up large tomatoes with the back of a wooden spoon. Simmer, covered, for 7 minutes.
- 4Stir in shrimp and heat through. Serve with cooked rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creole Shrimp and Rice
Serving Size: 1 (527 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 252.0
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 143.2 mg
- Sodium 956.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 18.2 g