Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here's another recipe I found on Allrecipes.com. It was submitted by Joslyn H. She stated: "This Creole seasoning blend is great for seasoning rice, meats, soups and stews, or anything that needs a flavor boost. Also makes a great gift when placed in a decorative jar with recipe attached." I'll be making up a batch of this soon. It looks like a very good blend of spices.
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 5 tablespoons paprika
- 3 tablespoons salt
- In a small bowl, combine onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, basil, thyme, black pepper, white pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika and salt.
- Store in an airtight container.
I kept the same ratio, using teaspoons instead of tablespoons, and made just the right amount for my spice jar. I did use about 1/3 the amount of salt (1 t instead of 3 t) as I like to keep the salt down when I can. I used the seasoning mix in a jalapeno popper recipe and it was wonderful! I LOVE making my own spice mixes!!!
Great blend of flavors from these spices! I sprinkled some on my chicken, then grilled for 50 mins. A real good choice right here!
a really nice blend!!! one of the 1st things I tried it on was Recipe #13526 will be using lots I am sure.. this made a LOT..but that is ok I will use it... maybe even as a rub....for my pork roast tomorrow thank you for sharing