Recipe by NeilsGirl
Spicy, moist, and delicious. Try adding garlic for extra zest. Serve over rice. 3 weight watcher points per serving.
Top Review by madriley61
Fantastic! I made this a few nights ago but made a couple changes. I had 1/4 of a red and green pepper I needed to use so I cut them into strips and sauteed them with the other vegetables. I also threw in 1 zucchini and instead of the seasoning I used The Best Creole/Cajun Seasoning Mix. Serve over rice for a great low fat meal.
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 411.06 g can stewed tomatoes
- 118.29 ml low sodium chicken broth
- 4.92 ml ground thyme
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 4 (453.59 g) boneless skinless chicken breasts
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil. Saute the onions, celery and carrot until tender, 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, broth, thyme, salt and cayenne; add the chicken and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and poach, partially covered, 10 minutes, flip chicken, and cook 4 more minutes.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer the chicken to a platter. Simmer the sauce, uncovered, until reduced by half, 4-5 minutes. Spoon the sauce over the chicken.