Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Dickie Brennan's recipe for meuniere sauce mainly served over pan-sauteed trout in New Orleans. But so many other great uses for this very tasty sauce.
- 1 lemon, peeled and quartered
- 1⁄2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup hot sauce (pref. Crystal's, not Tabasco)
- 1⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups butter, chilled, cut into small pieces
- kosher salt
- white pepper
- Combine the lemon, worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce in a heavy sauce pan.
- Cook over medium heat until the liquid is thick and syrupy, whisking constantly.
- Whisk in the cream and reduce the heat to low.
- add the butter, one piece at a time, mixing until the butter has been completely incorporated after each addition.
- Remove from the heat and stir until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Strain through a fine strainer into a saucepot and keep warm. (This is the step we skip if in a hurry).