- Ready In:
- Cut the bananas in half (long side).
- Melt the butter on a frying pan then fry the halves of the bananas one side at a time.
- When both sides looks dark brown, arrange the two halves of the bananas on plate.
- Cover them with mozzarella cheese slices, put the remaining halves on top.
- Sprinkle sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Serve while it's hot!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Wonderful! Delicious and easy to prepare - and very authentic tasting. I had been searching for years for this recipe after tasting it at an international festival and was pleasantly surpised to find it here. I would serve this as a dessert to company - it is sweet, caramelly, and a different twist on the idea of fruit & cheese as a dessert course. It cooks in just minutes and worked well with "just ripened" bananas because they held their shape well. Make sure to cut your cheese very thinly - so that it melts and gets all gooey quickly from the heat of the bananas. After consulting with the recipe poster, I learned that the authentic cheese used is queijo de mantiega (butter cheese) if you can find that in your area. I used the mozzarella and thought it was definitely an acceptable choice. I will be making this one again!