1/1 Photo of Creole Meat Loaf Patties
Entered for safe-keeping. From JoAnna M Lund's "Hot Off the Grill: The Healthy Exchanges Electric Grilling Cookbook", received in February 2009 Cookbook Swap. Perfect for your G Foreman grill. A mild spicy heat combined with sweetness; add Emeril's Essence or a few drops of Tabasco sauce for more zing. Please read reviews for insight on amount of Splenda and adjust to your own preference; a little bit of Splenda goes a long way. (I double-checked the source, and I typed the ingredient amount accurately.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 16 ounces ground sirloin or 16 ounces extra lean ground beef or 16 ounces ground turkey breast
- 6 tablespoons dried fine breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups green bell peppers, chopped
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1Plug in and generously spray both sides of double-sided electric contact grill with butter-flavored cooking spray and preheat for 5 minutes.
- 2MAKE PATTIES:.
- 3Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine meat, bread crumbs, onion, green pepper, catsup and Worcestershire sauce.
- 4Using a 1/3-cup measuring cup, form into 6 patties.
- 5Evenly arrange patties on prepared grill. Close lid and grill for 6-8 minutes.
- 6MAKE SAUCE:.
- 7Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine tomato sauce, undrained tomatoes, Splenda, and parsley flakes. Cover over medium-low heat while patties are grilling, stirring occasionally.
- 8For each serving, place 1 patty on a plate and spoon about 1/4 cup tomato sauce over top.
Browse Our Top Creole Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creole Meat Loaf Patties
Serving Size: 1 (213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 237.2
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 50.6 mg
- Sodium 187.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 16.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: