This is based on JoAnna Lund's "Best Banana Bread" recipe from her cookbook 'Cooking Healthy with Splenda'.
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup banana, the riper the better, and mashed
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a 9-by-5-inch glass loaf pan with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine Splenda sugar, unsalted butter, and eggs.
- Mix well using a wire whisk.
- Stir in mashed bananas.
- Add flour, baking power, and baking soda.
- Mix gently using a sturdy spoon.
- Evenly spread batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Place loaf pan on a wire rack and let set for 10 minutes.
- Remove banana bread from pan and continue cooling on wire rack.
- Cut into 8 slices.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Outstanding recipe. Easy to make and unfortunately, easy to eat. lol I used a little more banana than called for, used 1/4 cup granulated sugar and 1/2 cup Splenda. It took a little longer to bake than stated - 1 hour instead of the 50 minutes, but that was probably due to the extra 1/2 banana and the size of my loaf pan. Hubby is taking this to work tomorrow to get it out of the house. Thanks so much for posting! Made for I Recommend Tag Game.Reply
Yum yum yum yum - well you get the idea! A very moist and full of flavor banana bread. This recipe doubles perfectly too. I love that I can make a nice moist quick bread and give it to my neighbor sugar levels. My son and I ate one loaf ourselves (took a few days). This is the 2nd recipe for banana bread I've tagged of yours and they are both wonderful. Now I have a great choice between low in sugar and using regular sugar between your two recipes! Thanks mersaydees for yet another keeper! Tagged in the Zaar Stars Game!Reply
see 8 more