Recipe by EdsGirlAngie
Peas lightly cooked with a little butter and garlic plus Creole mustard and mushrooms. Tweaked from my 1959 "Farm Journal's Country Cookbook"... they actually call it "French Peas", but that makes me think of the lettuce leaf thing; this title is more descriptive of the yummy taste.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon creole mustard or 1 teaspoon gulden spicy brown mustard (works, too)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups peas, fresh or frozen
- 4 mushrooms, thinly sliced (more if you really like mushrooms)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a heavy skillet and lightly saute garlic; blend in mustard.
- Add peas, mushrooms and salt and sprinkle with the water.
- Cover pan tightly and cook over medium heat about 5 minutes or until peas are cooked to your liking, shaking pan occasionally.