1/2 Photos of Crema De Aguacate -- Cream of Avocado Soup (South America)
Sydney Mike's Note:
This recipe comes from the 2003 cookbook, The South American Table. Preparation time does not include the chilling & refrigeration time throughout the making of this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a heavy 2-quart saucepan mix together the chicken broth, half-and-half, onion, salt, white pepper & hot pepper sauce.
- 2Several hours before serving, peel the avocado, then pit & cut it into 1-inch pieces. Place in a medium, nonreactive bowl. sprinkle with lemon juice, then cover with plastic wrap & refrigerate until ready to use.
- 3Just before serving, put 1/4 cup of the chicken broth mixture in a blender.
- 4Bring the rest of the broth mixture to a boil in the 2-quart saucepan, then reduce heat to low.
- 5Add avocado to the blender & process until smooth, then pass this mixture through a coarse-mesh sieve.
- 6Add the sieved avocado mixture to the simmering broth & heat, BUT DO NOT LET IT COME TO A BOIL. Salt to taste.
- 7Serve immediately with croutons (if using) on the side, or make it several hours ahead of time, cover with plastic wrap & let it cool, then chill completely before serving.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crema De Aguacate -- Cream of Avocado Soup (South America)
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 116.7
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 11.1 mg
- Sodium 537.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 4.0 g