Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Got some extra zucchini to use up? Here's an easy, healthy, and delicious soup recipe I just concocted. I've made it both with cream or with regular milk, both turns out yummy.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 2 -3 medium zucchini
- 2 -3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons cream (can substitute milk)
- Roughly chop onion and zucchini. Cook onions in oil for 3-4 minutes over medium heat, then add zucchini and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add enough broth to cover the vegetables and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the zucchini is soft.
- Remove from heat and puree the soup in batches.
- When pureed, return to pot and stir in cream.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Used (2) zucchinis and 2-1/2 cups vegetable broth. Used milk instead of cream. This soup was a wonderful surprise and I made sure I wrote very, very, good at the top of the recipe. Will definetely make again.