Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
- 1 medium leek, finely sliced
- 1 medium carrot, finely diced
- 1 stalk celery, leaves included,finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 4 yellow bell peppers, cored,seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 lb yukon gold potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- sea salt
- freshly ground white pepper
- parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Place leek, carrot, celery and olive oil in stockpot over medium heat.
- Cook until softened, but not browned, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add stock, water, peppers and potato slices and carefully bring to simmer (don't boil!).
- Loosely cover and simmer for 45 minutes until peppers and potato slices are tender.
- Using a food processor or food mill, blend until smooth.
- Return to pot over low heat, add tabasco and season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle into bowls and either grate or shave Parmesan over soup.
easy to make and good. it has to be good for you to. maybe I used to much tabasco because it was a little spicey, 50-50 weather I would do it again