Prep 1 min
Cook 15 mins
This is richer than tomato sauce but not as rich as alfredo sauce, and would be a great sauce for gourmet pizzas. I'm especially thinking of zucchini and mushroom toppings for this.
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups 2% low-fat milk (whole milk works better but I use 2%)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Put the flour and spices into a saucepan. Gradually whisk in the milk until no lumps remain.
- Heat and stir until boiling and thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the butter until melted.
- Will last up to a week refridgerated, but you can use it on pizza immediately and it does not last long in my house.