Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe from the Kraft website that is very tasty! I have changed the recipe a bit though - using whole wheat pasta, adding crab meat, adding garlic, etc. The first time I made this, the whole wheat pasta seemed to soak up the sauce and we really like saucy pasta. So in my version I have also doubled the milk and cream cheese, so if you like less sauce you can cut both of those in half. This is also pretty low fat/low calorie and full of veggies so it's very filling! Enjoy!
- 7 ounces whole wheat pasta shells, cooked and drained (we used bow-tie)
- 1 cup crabmeat
- 1 large red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces light cream cheese
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- pepper (to taste)
- Cook and stir vegetables and minced garlic in hot oil in a large skillet on medium heat until tender-crisp.
- Add cream cheese, milk, parmesan cheese, and seasoning. Mix well.
- Add crab, mix well.
- Reduce to low heat; cook until cream cheese is melted, stirring frequently.
- Place cooked and drained pasta in a large bowl. Add sauce, toss to coat. (I usually just toss the pasta into the sauce pan and toss to coat).