This is a recipe from the Kraft website that is very tasty! I have changed the recipe a bit though - using whole wheat pasta, adding crab meat, adding garlic, etc. The first time I made this, the whole wheat pasta seemed to soak up the sauce and we really like saucy pasta. So in my version I have also doubled the milk and cream cheese, so if you like less sauce you can cut both of those in half. This is also pretty low fat/low calorie and full of veggies so it's very filling! Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 ounces whole wheat pasta shells, cooked and drained (we used bow-tie)
- 1 cup crabmeat
- 1 large red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces light cream cheese
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- pepper (to taste)
- 1Cook and stir vegetables and minced garlic in hot oil in a large skillet on medium heat until tender-crisp.
- 2Add cream cheese, milk, parmesan cheese, and seasoning. Mix well.
- 3Add crab, mix well.
- 4Reduce to low heat; cook until cream cheese is melted, stirring frequently.
- 5Place cooked and drained pasta in a large bowl. Add sauce, toss to coat. (I usually just toss the pasta into the sauce pan and toss to coat).
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Vegetable Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 410.7
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 602.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 17.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: