Recipe by BonnieZ
One day with a craving I was surprized that there was only one recipe on the zaar site for tomato soup. This is a very simple recipe that is both healthy and tasty.
Top Review by *Parsley*
This is a yummy, low-fat soup! It's so easy to make, and I made it even easier by heating everything in the soup pot, then using my immersion blender, I pureed everything right in the pot....then let it simmer for 15 minutes. I added 1 extra can of stewed tomatoes and it was still creamy and yummy...even with lowfat milk! For a real treat sometime, I may make this with part heavy cream for the milk. Loved this soup. Thanx for posting; I'll be making it again!
- 4 cups milk (lowfat is fine)
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 stalk celery, large dice
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium pot, heat the milk over moderate heat.
- Put the crushed tomatoes in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Pour the processed tomatoes into the milk and stir to combine.
- Put the chopped onion, garlic, celery, stewed tomatoes, tomato paste, flour, sugar, salt and pepper into the processor and process until the mixture is a smooth grind.
- Pour this mixture into the milk mixture and stir to combine.
- Bring the soup to a boil and then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.