Recipe by Tisme
So very rich, creamy and incredibly delcious. Just the thing to warm you up on a cold winter's night in front of the fire. It's up to you but it is rich enough with out the whipped cream........ but I use it !!!
Top Review by Debbwl
Very rich and decadent! Sorry no photo it was just too tempting to not sit back and savor right at the moment of completion. I enjoy a dark cocoa most nights but the addition of cream and corn flour made this a very special treat indeed. Thanks for the tasty post.
- 150 g dark chocolate
- 1 cup cream
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- whiped cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop chocolate and melt over hot water.
- In another pan bring cream and all but 1/4 cup of milk to scalding point. Stir half scalded mixture into melted chocolate and mix well, then pour back into the saucepan and set over low heat. Mix in the reserved 1/4 cup milk with the cocoa, sugar and cornflour to make a smooth paste. Stir into the chocolate mixture and whisk or stir constantly until it comes to the boil and thickens slightly.
- Add vanilla, if desired and beat briskly with wire beater or hand rotary beater until mixture is foamy.
- Pour into cups and serve immediately topped with whipped cream.