Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
A tasty and quick chicken recipe.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (I use reduced-fat)
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 -3 teaspoons sugar, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Blend the sour cream, sherry, mustard, tarragon, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Place chicken breasts in 13" x 9" baking dish and top with the creamy mixture.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until chicken is golden brown.
- Serve with sauce from the baking dish.
This is DELICIOUS! We will most definitely make this again! Thanks for posting.
I liked the idea and the chicken was very tender but the mustard was a bit overpowering! I will be making this again but will reduce the amount of mustard. Made for Zaar WT.
What a lovely, creamy sauce - the chicken turned out very tender and the dish was so easy to put together! I still managed to goof though, I accidentally used cream sherry instead of dry!! To counteract the sweeteness of the cream sherry, I used only a scant teaspoon of sugar. The sauce still turned out great - smooth and subtle. A lovely change from my usual, flavour-intensive spice concoctions! Thank you for sharing!