Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Served in an edible bowl, you can turn the extra bread into croutons or breadcrumbs. Serve with assorted vegetables for dipping, such as cherry tomatoes or baby vegetables (pattypan squash, zucchini, carrots).
- 2 (5 1/4 ounce) packagesboursin garlic & fine herb cheese spread
- 1⁄4 cup creamy Italian salad dressing
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed dry
- 1 (8 ounce) candiced water chestnuts, drained, about 1 cup
- 1⁄4 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 red pepper, finely chopped, about 1/2 cup
- 2 scallions, finely chopped, about 1/2 cup
- 1 lb round loaf pumpernickel bread
- In medium microwave-safe bowl, microwave cheese on High in 15-second intervals until softened.
- Stir in dressing until smooth, then stir in spinach, water chestnuts, carrots, red pepper, and scallions.
- Using a serrated knife, horizontally cut off top third from bread.
- Using small knife, cut around inside edge of bread.
- Pull out inside bread in chunks, leaving 1/2-inch-thick shell; save inside bread for another use.
- Fill bread shell with dip.
- Serve with vegetables.