Recipe by Cluich
My girlfriend makes this for parties and cookouts, and it's always a hit. The recipe was passed to her by a coworker of hers, so I'm not sure where it originated. It can be served immediately, or you can put it all together the night before and heat it up (step 3) the next day. It's really tasty and super-simple!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa (I prefer hot, but that's just me)
- 1 (1 ounce) packet taco seasoning (I usually use Old El Paso)
- 1 chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Tabasco sauce, to taste (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put cream cheese in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave until the cream cheese is slightly softened.
- Add chicken, taco seasoning, and salsa. Mix thoroughly. Top with Monterey Jack cheese, then cover.
- Microwave for another 6-10 minutes. Stir and serve with tortilla chips.