Recipe by William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin
This is a very tasty creamy recipe to be used in a Caesar Salad. If you desire, add some sweet red pepper chopped into small pieces. Fresh shrimp is also very good on the salad.
- 2 cups mayonnaise (Miracle Whip Kraft preferred)
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce or 1⁄4 teaspoon red hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil (first press cold press)
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 3⁄4 cup garlic-flavored croutons
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor or blender, add mayonnaise, anchovy paste, garlic cloves, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco sauce.
- Process until smooth.
- Add grated Parmesan cheese and black pepper and process until well blended.
- With processor running on low speed, add olive oil in a steady stream and process until creamy smooth.
- Refrigerate in a glass container with lid.
- In a large mixing bowl, break Romaine lettuce into bite size pieces.
- Use enough creamy romaine dressing to suit your taste and toss to coat lettuce.
- Sprinkle each serving with croutons as desired.
- Sprinkle each serving with additional grated Parmesan cheese.
- Grind some cracked black pepper over salad if desired.