Recipe by kbksmama
My family loves this meal! Easy way to get some spinach into them! I do love it with the dressing called for but have also used plain italian and even just oil. It is from kraftfoods.com.
Top Review by ellemaytx
I picked your recipe because it included many of the things I wanted to use up in the refrigerator. I used leftover chicken, a brown & wild rice blend, and cherry tomatoes. I added a squeeze of lemon, lemon pepper and some Italian spices. After mixing everything in the saucepan, I popped it in a casserole dish, added some more parmesan, and browned it in the oven. It turned out to be delicious!
- 1⁄4 cup Kraft roasted red pepper italian parmesan dressing
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 1⁄2 cups fat free chicken broth
- 2 cups Minute brown rice, uncooked
- 4 ounces neufchatel cheese, cubed
- 8 ounces baby spinach leaves
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat dressing in a large, deep skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add chicken; cook for 3 minutes.
- Add broth; bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice; return to a boil, cover and reduce heat to medium; simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir neufchatel cheese into rice mixture until melted.
- Add spinach; cover. Cook until spinach is wilted.
- Stir rice mixture gently to mix in spinach. Cover.
- Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.