Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
My family loves this meal! Easy way to get some spinach into them! I do love it with the dressing called for but have also used plain italian and even just oil. It is from kraftfoods.com.
- 1⁄4 cup Kraft roasted red pepper italian parmesan dressing
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 1⁄2 cups fat free chicken broth
- 2 cups Minute brown rice, uncooked
- 4 ounces neufchatel cheese, cubed
- 8 ounces baby spinach leaves
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Heat dressing in a large, deep skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add chicken; cook for 3 minutes.
- Add broth; bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice; return to a boil, cover and reduce heat to medium; simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir neufchatel cheese into rice mixture until melted.
- Add spinach; cover. Cook until spinach is wilted.
- Stir rice mixture gently to mix in spinach. Cover.
- Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
I picked your recipe because it included many of the things I wanted to use up in the refrigerator. I used leftover chicken, a brown & wild rice blend, and cherry tomatoes. I added a squeeze of lemon, lemon pepper and some Italian spices. After mixing everything in the saucepan, I popped it in a casserole dish, added some more parmesan, and browned it in the oven. It turned out to be delicious!
This was good and we love tomatoes but sorry to say we didnt care for them here. I think the sprinkle of parmesan, creaminess of the rice and flavors from the dressing blend on the chicken are great together without the tomatoes. Used chicken breast tenderloins that I cut into bite size pieces and cream cheese for the neufchatel cheese. After reading the reviews and seeing goat cheese was used I would definitely make this again with the goat cheese. Maybe I would try cherry tomatoes instead of a chopped tomato and see how that works. Thank you kbksmama for sharing your recipe. Made and reviewed for Pick A Chef Spring 2009.
This is really delicious! Love having the main dish, veggie AND side dish (rice) all in one pot, plus it was quick to cook. I couldn't find neufchatel cheese so I used goat cheese, as karen in tbay suggested. Turned out great! Thanks very much for sharing this recipe, I know we'll be enjoying this one again & again!