Recipe by Lavender Lynn
A simple potato salad that packs a punch of flavour
Top Review by Annacia
Dee-Licious. I also made a half amount for 2 people. I'll admit to skipping the mint (DH would not have touched it with mint). It's 32-C today and this has been chilling most of the day waiting for dinner but I had to sample, right? ....yummm! It is just the thing to go with grilled or bbq'ed meat. You ahead, indulge, you know you want to.
- 6 lbs desiree potatoes (red potatoes)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise, good-quality whole-egg
- 1⁄4 cup dill, coarsely chopped fresh
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, coarsely chopped fresh continental
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons mint, finely chopped fresh
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 green shallots, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with plenty of cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside for 15 minutes to cool slightly. Cut into halves or quarters.
- Use a fork to whisk together the sour cream, mayonnaise, dill, parsley, garlic, mint, mustard and lemon juice in a large bowl until well combined. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the potatoes and green shallot in a large serving bowl. Spoon dressing over the potato mixture and gently toss until potatoes are well coated in dressing. Serve immediately.
- You can prepare this recipe to the end of step 2 up to 1 day ahead. Place in separate bowls, cover with plastic wrap and store in the fridge. Continue from step 3, 1 hour before serving the main.