Recipe by Rita~
Creamy,Rich,and Smooth vodka sauce. Quick and easy!
Top Review by michellelynn_12322961
I noticed a few people mentioning they cut back on some ingredients,you know you can change the serving amount in the top right corner of the recipe and it will change the ingredient amount.
I made this recipe to serve 4 and it was just the right amount and it was delish! Thank you for a great recipe.
- 1 lb penne pasta, cooked aldente
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped
- 2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 pinch hot pepper flakes
- 3⁄4 cup vodka
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- parmigiano-reggiano cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the olive oil into the pan and add the onions and garlic.
- Turn on the heat to medium-low and gently cook for a few minutes.
- Add the red pepper flakes cook 1 minute add crushed tomatoes.
- Raise the heat to medium and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Add the vodka and a pinch of salt and pepper simmer uncovered for about 8 minutes over medium-low heat.
- Add the cream and lower the heat, add drained pasta and toss in parsley.
- Stir to coat well and grate a generous amount of parmesan into the pasta using our microplane grater.
- Serve immediately sprinkled with more parmesan, and red pepper flakes.