Chicken and Linguine in Creamy Vodka Sauce
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb uncooked spinach linguine or 1/2 lb regular linguine
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup chopped roasted red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup good vodka
- 1 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper
- Cook linguine according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 Tbsp butter over medium-high heat.
- Brown the chicken breasts on both sides until nicely golden and juices run clear, about 6 to 7 minutes per side.
- Remove from pan and cut into 1/2-inch cubes; set aside.
- Pour out drippings from pan, but do not wipe it out.
- In the pan you cooked the chicken in, melt remaining butter over medium heat.
- Add the yellow onion and mushrooms and cook, stirring, until onions are soft, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the roasted pepper, green onion, and garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the vodka.
- Return to the heat and flame; when the flame dies out, add the broth.
- Bring to a boil and reduce by half.
- Whisk in the half and half (cream can be substituted), salt, and pepper, and simmer until reduced by half again.
- Add the pasta to the cream sauce and toss to coat.
- Add the Parmesan, chicken, and basil, and remove from the heat; toss to coat.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, serve, and enjoy!
- Makes 2 servings.
- Note: if you're a low-carber, add a bunch more sliced mushrooms and eat those instead of pasta.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation