Recipe by AmandaInOz
From Taste of Home. Cooking time does not including chilling.
Top Review by mom_of_4
I have been making this salad for many years. (I also found this in Taste of Home about 10 years ago.) For those who like lemon flavor, this it your salad. I used cool whip in place of the whipping cream. Other than that, I follow the recipe as written. Great salad!!
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon gelatin
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup 4% cottage cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain pineapple, reserving the juice in a small saucepan.
- Set pineapple aside.
- Add enough water to juice to make 1-1/3 cups; bring to a boil.
- Place gelatin in a bowl; add boiling liquid and stir to dissolve.
- Cool until slightly thickened.
- In a mixing bowl, whip cream; gradually beat in sugar.
- Fold into the gelatin mixture. Stir in pineapple and cottage cheese; blend well.
- Pour into a 1-1/2-qt. serving bowl; chill at least 3 hours or overnight.