Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Taste of Home. Cooking time does not including chilling.
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon gelatin
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup 4% cottage cheese
- Drain pineapple, reserving the juice in a small saucepan.
- Set pineapple aside.
- Add enough water to juice to make 1-1/3 cups; bring to a boil.
- Place gelatin in a bowl; add boiling liquid and stir to dissolve.
- Cool until slightly thickened.
- In a mixing bowl, whip cream; gradually beat in sugar.
- Fold into the gelatin mixture. Stir in pineapple and cottage cheese; blend well.
- Pour into a 1-1/2-qt. serving bowl; chill at least 3 hours or overnight.
I have been making this salad for many years. (I also found this in Taste of Home about 10 years ago.) For those who like lemon flavor, this it your salad. I used cool whip in place of the whipping cream. Other than that, I follow the recipe as written. Great salad!!
My mom loves jello salads with cottage cheese in them and she will love this one! A light, creamy refreshing flavor and love the pineapple. I think I should have let my jello thicken more before adding the whipped cream but it held together nicely after being in the refrigerator all night. Made and reviewed for Photo Tag.
As with this dish, I've always enjoyed 'jello' salads (& cottage cheese, for that matter), & their combination here is easy to do AND tasty, too! Thanks, Amanda, for sharing! [Made & reviewed for one of my teammates in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #17]