Recipe by currybunny
I was given this by one of our company's interstate sales managers, and I think it's great! Much lower in calories than other peanut chickens I've seen, and the spiciness of the curry paste perfectly balances out the sweetness of the peanut butter. Mild enough for kids to enjoy, plenty of flavour for the adults! Hope you try this and enjoy!
Top Review by Lolly0
This recipe is really delicious. I left out the sugar as I felt peanut butter is sweet enough for me & I added a load of veg - mange tout, baby corn & red pepper - cooked so they still had a bite. I also dredged my chicken in flour before I fried it cos I like that crust it gives. This went down a treat in my house - everyone loved it & it tastes just like the satay sause my local Chinese makes. I can't wait to make this again.
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek or 1 teaspoon other chili sauce
- 1 lb chicken breast (cut into small cubes or strips)
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges, to serve (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in wok.
- Add curry paste and sambal oelek and fry for one minute.
- Add chicken and stir fry for around 4 minutes, or til golden.
- Add all other ingredients, bring to a boil and let simmer for around 8-10 minutes til sauce thickens slightly.
- Serve on a bed of rice with lemon wedges and roti bread.
- (You can add veggies such as green beans to the recipe, just throw in at step 4 and let simmer).